Tixylix Toddler Syrup (100ml)
Tixylix Toddler Syrup is a soothing cough suppressant which relieves the symptoms of dry, tickly coughs:
- Each 5 ml dose of Tixylix Toddler Syrup contains 0.75 ml glycerol as the active ingredient
Tixylix Toddler Syrup is intended for use in children aged 3 months to 5 years:
- sugar free
- colour free
- blackcurrant flavour
For details of other Tixylix products see the Tixylix Range Page.
New Restrictions For Children's Cough & Cold Medicines: This product contains only simple ingredients and can still be used for young children. The new restrictions on cough and cold medicines for children under 6 years old do not apply.
How to give Tixylix Toddler Syrup:
- Always give Tixylix Toddler Syrup exactly as your doctor has told you
- You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure
- Always read the full information in your own product
Under 3 months: Do not give Tixylix Toddler Syrup
3 to 12 months: One spoonful
1 to 5 years: Two 5ml spoonfuls
- Tixylix Toddler Syrup may be given with or without food
- Doses may be given 3 to 4 times daily by mouth as required
- Allow 3 to 4 hours between doses
If your child's condition does not get better in 3 days talk to your doctor
Overdose: Giving your child too much Tixylix Toddler Syrup may cause diarrhoea. If you have accidentally given your child more medicine than you should, or if you suspect that your child has taken extra medicine, please contact your doctor. Take along the bottle and the label, and any medicine that is left.
If you forget to give Tixylix Toddler Syrup do not give your child a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose.
Tixylix Toddler Syrup contains in each 5ml dose the active ingredient: Glycerol 0.75ml
Other ingredients are: liquid maltitol (lycasin), hydroxyethylcellulose, sodium benzoate (E211), citric acid monohydrate, sodium citrate, natural flavours (vanilla, blackcurrant) and purified water.
Before you give your child Tixylix Toddler Syrup:
Do not give Tixylix Toddler Syrup: If your child is allergic (hypersensitive) to any of the ingredients
Taking other medicines: Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if your child is taking, or has recently taken, any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- There are no known interactions between Tixylix Toddler Syrup and other medicines
Tixylix Toddler Syrup is intended for use in children:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine
- No information is available on the effect of glycerol taken during pregnancy or use during breast-feeding
- Caution is therefore advised if taking Tixylix Toddler Syrup during pregnancy
- Driving and using machines: Tixylix Toddler Syrup does not affect your ability to drive or operate machinery
Important information about some of the ingredients of Tixylix Toddler Syrup: Contains maltitol, if you have been told by your doctor that your child is intolerant to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product.
Possible side effects: Like all medicines Tixylix Toddler Syrup can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Tixylix Toddler Syrup may cause diarrhoea in overdose
- If your child experiences any side effects, please tell your doctor or pharmacist