Lamisil Once (4g)
You Save: £2.00
Lamisil Once is a single dose treatment for athlete's foot: It works by killing the fungi which cause athlete's foot.
- 1% cutaneous solution
- Terbinafine hydrochloride
Athlete's foot is a common fungal infection of the feet and can cause real discomfort. Lamisil Once has been specially developed to treat athlete's foot in one single application. You should follow the instructions for use carefully to obtain the best results.
- Ask a doctor or a pharmacist for advice if you are in any doubt.
- See a doctor or pharmacist if your symptoms do not improve within 1 week after using Lamisil Once.
Lamisil Once is a clear to slightly cloudy gel-like solution, which, upon application on the feet, leaves a smooth, barely visible film that stays on the skin. The film delivers the active substance into the skin. Delivery progressively continues to kill the fungus that causes athlete's foot.
Athlete's foot (tinea pedis) appears only on the feet (usually both), where it often appears between the toes, and can spread to the sole and sides of the feet. The most common type of athlete's foot causes cracking or scaling of the skin, but you may also have mild swelling, blisters, or weeping sores. This may often be associated with itching or burning sensations.
How to use Lamisil Once: If you are not sure about the cause of your condition, please talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Lamisil Once
For adults over 18 years of age:
- Lamisil Once is to be applied only once
- You have to apply the Lamisil Once on both feet (between and over the toes, sole and sides of the feet), even if symptoms are visible only on one foot
- This ensures the elimination of the fungus responsible for your infection which might be present in other areas of the feet even if no lesions are visible
When applied on the feet, Lamisil Once dries quickly to a colourless film. The tube has enough to treat both feet
- Follow the instructions in your own product carefully to get the best results
When you use Lamisil Once: Lamisil Once delivers the active ingredient into the skin where it persists for a number of days to eliminate the fungus that causes athlete's foot.
To get the best results, feet should not be washed or splashed for 24 hours after the application. It is therefore recommended to apply Lamisil Once after a shower or a bath, and wait 24 hours before washing your feet again.
Before you use Lamisil Once:
- Wash both feet and dry them carefully
- Wash and dry your hands
How to use Lamisil Once:
- This is a single application treatment
- Apply to both feet
- Finish one foot before treating the other
- Use about half the tube for each foot, as needed to cover skin
- Apply first between, under, and over all toes. Then apply over sole and - sides of your foot
- Treat the other foot in the same way, even if your skin looks healthy
- Spread evenly: Do not massage into skin
- Do not apply to skin a second time
- Leave the product to dry to a film for 1-2 minutes, before wearing your normal footwear
- Wash your hands with warm soapy water after the application.
The film left on your skin after applying the product, even if it is barely visible, will continue to work killing the fungi for several days after the single-dose application. Your skin condition should start to improve within a few days.
Even though Lamisil Once will begin to kill the fungi immediately after single application, it may take up to 4 weeks for your skin to heal completely.
Few people suffering from athlete's foot (1 person out of every 8), experience relapse or reinfection within three months of treatment with this product.
If you have not noticed any signs of improvement within 1 week after applying Lamisil Once, please see your doctor or pharmacist who will advise you. Do not use the product a second time for a particular athlete's foot episode if it did not work after the first application.
Lamisil Once contains: 10mg of the fungicidal active substance terbinafine (as hydrochloride) per 1g of solution.
The other ingredients are: acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, hydroxypropylcellulose, triglycerides and ethanol.
Check before you use Lamisil Once:
Do not use Lamisil Once if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in this medicine
Lamisil Once is for treating the skin of the feet only. Be careful not to get the product on your face and eyes, or damaged skin (other than the treatment site) as it could be irritating. If you get it accidentally into your eyes, rinse thoroughly with running water. If any discomfort persists, see your doctor.
- Do not swallow.
Lamisil Once is not recommended for long-term fungal infection of the soles and heels of the feet with associated thickening and/or pronounced flaking of the skin. If you think you might have this condition, you should consult your doctor.
If you have fungal nail infection (fungus inside and under the nail), with discoloration of the nails and change in nail texture (thick, flaky), do not use Lamisil Once but consult a doctor. You may require prescription medication for your nail infection.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding:
- If you are pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using Lamisil Once
- Do not use Lamisil Once while breast-feeding
- Do not use this medicine on patients under 18 years of age
Taking other medicines: Before using Lamisil Once tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medicines you are taking, or have recently taken, including any you have bought without medical prescription.
- Do not apply other medicinal products on the treated areas
- lf you or someone else accidentally swallows Lamisil Once, please tell your doctor who will advise you what to do.
All medicines can cause unwanted effects in some people, and it is important to note the following: In very rare instances people may be allergic to Lamisil Once, which could cause skin rash, itching, blistering of the skin, or hives (less than 1 person out of 10,000 is expected to suffer from allergy).
- In the unlikely event that you experience an allergic reaction or any of the above symptoms when using this product, remove the film with denatured alcohol, wash your feet with warm soapy water, rinse-off and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Other side effects which may occur at the application site are uncommon: (1 to 10 people out of 1,000), and usually mild, transient and harmless. These effects may include skin dryness, skin irritation or burning sensation after application. If you are nevertheless concerned, tell a doctor or pharmacist.
To help with treatment: To help the treatment keep the affected area clean by washing it regularly after the first 24 hours. Dry it carefully without rubbing. Try not to scratch the area although it may be itchy, because this could cause further damage and slow the healing process or spread the infection.
Because these infections can be passed on to other people, remember to keep your own towel and clothes and do not share them with others. To protect yourself from reinfection, these should be washed frequently.