Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen (1.5ml)
The Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen is a medical device for treatment of verrucas and common warts: The pen applicator contains a new highly concentrated verruca and wart removal gel based on the traditional liquid method. The gel promotes skin cell regeneration which causes the skin to peel. As this occurs, new healthy skin forms and the verruca (or wart) will shrink and disappear.
The Wartner Pen is:
- an effective and easy to use home treatment containing a new, highly concentrated gel to remove verrucas & warts from the first week
- suitable for use by the entire family, including children from the age of 4 upwards.
Verrucas and warts are harmless growths on the skin: caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV). There are different types of warts but the most prevalent are called common warts. They consist of a core of inner tissue supplied by blood vessels, covered with layers of outer skin tissue.
Common warts are recognisable by the rough. 'cauliflower-like' appearance of the surface. They usually appear on the hands, knees and elbows.
Verrucas are similar to common warts but only appear on the sole of the foot, or the bottom of toes. They tend to be flatter and are often painful due to the pressure caused by walking.
Verrucas & warts affect 7 to 10% of the general population: They are most common in children and adolescents. They are very contagious and may appear more often if the body's defence system is weak. They can be passed from person to person or from one body location to another on the same person by direct contact with the infected area.
- More than 50% of warts disappear within two years with no treatment
- however, many people choose to treat them at the onset as they can be unsightly and, in the case of verrucas, painful.
Traditionally there has been two main ways to treat verrucas or warts:
- Firstly, acid based liquid preparations applied directly on to the verruca or wart.
- Secondly, surgical removal by a medical professional performed with laser therapy, burning or cryotherapy (freezing with liquid nitrogen).
Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen:
- Read the full instructions in your own product before use
- For external use only
- To be used by a single user
- Consult your doctor if the treated area gets inflamed, becomes red or painful.
Consult your doctor before use if your are:
- pregnant or breast feeding
Do not use on children under the age of four
- If you have doubt whether the skin condition is a verruca (or wart) consult your doctor
- Contact with healthy skin surrounding the verruca or wart should be avoided to prevent irritation
- Only one drop of gel is needed per application
- Excessive amount of formula may cause irritation
- In case of irritation, clean the area with lots of water.
Apply Wartner twice daily for 4 days: If the verruca or wart is small (size of a needle point), only apply the gel once a day.
- After treating for 4 days, the skin will peel off during the next 4 days
- You can carefully remove the peeling skin under lukewarm water
- After the treatment new skin (free from verrucas & warts) will form
- The verruca or wart may disappear from the first week of treatment
If the verruca or wart does not disappear completely:
- Repeat the treatment after a break of 4 days
- You can repeat this treatment schedule up to 4 times
- If after the repetition of 4 treatments the verruca or wart does not disappear consult your doctor
Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen contains the ingredient: Trichloroacetic Acid
Before using the Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen:
- Do not use if you are hypersensitive to the active ingredient, Trichloroacetic Acid.
- No interaction with other medications is known
- No side effects are known to be associated with the use of the Wartner Pen
- Do not use together with other verruca or wart treatments
Do not use Wartner Verruca & Wart Removal Pen:
- on the face or genital areas the formula can be corrosive to the eyes and other mucous membranes
- on irritated skin or skin which is infected, reddened or showing any sign of inflammation such as itching or swelling
- on warts with hairs growing on them, birthmarks, dark moles, pigmented skin, or any other unusual looking skin conditions.
Side Effects: It is important to use the product exactly as instructed in your own leaflet as overexposure to the formula could cause temporary burning, temporary pain, mild temporary ulceration and temporary discoloration of surrounding skin.
- The skin may turn white temporarily after application